About the Sint Maarten Yacht Club
The Sint Maarten Yacht Club is the organizing entity of the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta. It is located on one of the best spots on the island, right next to the Simpson Bay Bridge. Here, one can enjoy a great view on all boats entering and leaving the lagoon. Especially during the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta, when more than 100 sail boats go through this bridge!
The Sint Maarten Yacht Club is a great meeting place for its members who can enjoy the many activities and regattas that are organized throughout the year. The Sint Maarten Yacht Club also has a Sailing School, which provides sailing lessons to both adults and youth. This gives everyone the opportunity to learn how to sail in some of the world’s best sailing conditions with great winds and beautiful waters.
Are you interested in the events the Sint Maarten Yacht Club organizes? Or would you like to become a member? Please have a look at the Yacht Club’s website: www.smyc.com.
So, what exactly does the Sint Maarten Yacht Club do?
- Promote sailing to its members and the local community
- Organize races and regattas for its members and non-members
- Assist in providing accommodations and equipment
- Provide instruction and training for sailing and racing
- Represent water sports towards others organizations, both on and off island