The organizing entity of the annual St. Maarten Heineken Regatta is the Sint Maarten Yacht Club.
The Sint Maarten Yacht Club is located on one of the best spots of the island, right next to the Simpson Bay bridge. It’s a great meeting place for its members who can enjoy the many activities and regattas that are organized throughout the year. The Sint Maarten Yacht Club also has a Sailing School which provides sailing lessons to adults and youth. People have the opportunity to learn how to sail in some of the world’s best sailing conditions, with great winds and beautiful waters.
The Sint Maarten Yacht Club is all about:
- Promoting sailing to its members and the community
- Organizing races and regattas for its members & nonmembers
- Assisting in providing accommodations & equipment
- Providing instruction and training for sailing and racing
- Representing water sports toward other organizations, both on and off island
Are you interested in the events the Sint Maarten Yacht Club organizes? Or would you like to become a member? Please have a look at the Yacht Club’s website: www.smyc.com.